Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm On Staycation!

Woo! I'm on vacation (finally). My first day off was supposed to be last friday, but I ended up getting called into work on Saturday and also had to pop into work this morning and ended up doing more work than I wanted to.

As of NOW... (Do you hear me, work!?) As of now, I am on vacation and am not going to deal with work-related headaches until I get back. I almost wish I had call display so I could just screen my calls.

Anyway, we had a good day on Sunday. We went to church, then headed over to Kitchener for the day. I was the first out of the inaugural Basmentio Poker tournament (and Tim almost won the same game, which is frightening). I got to swim in Dan & Faith's new pool and then we went over to Mongolian Grill and stuffed ourselves with stir-fry. Not a bad start to vacation.

We're going camping from Tuesday to Thursday in Rockwood with Dave & Kate & Conner. We're only camping 10 minutes from home because it's Garrett's first camping trip and we want to make sure we're not going 8 hours away if it's a total bust (weather-wise or Garrett-wise).

Afterwards, we'll just be chillaxin' around Acton for the rest of the week. And we have a day at the African Lion Safari planned on the weekend with the Wager clan too!

I just need to avoid that pesky work monster that likes to leap out of my phone and kidnap me for hours at a time.

No comments: