Thursday, June 22, 2006

CANCEL THE ACCOUNT!

Talk about horrible customer service. This guy is trying to cancel his AOL account and gets the run around for about 5 minutes. In-SANE.

I have to say that the guy trying to cancel the account handles himself a lot better than I would. I would have either hung up or tried to talk to a supervisor after about the third question.

Reminds me of the rigamarole I had to put up with when I wanted to activate my credit card after it expired recently. They have you on the line and just happen to have enough time while they wait for the account to activate to give you a 5 minute sales pitch. I didn't lose my cool with the lady at that point, but boy was I close.

UPDATE: Here's an interview with the guy who made the call to AOL. The customer rep got fired :)

No comments: