Monday, October 31, 2005

The Frowndup

Looks like CBC is really revamping the Radio One schedule now that they're back to work.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Jian is a great host and his new show will probably be pretty fun to listen to. I used to love The Roundup when it was Richardson's Roundup. Ever since Bill Richardson left and was replaced by the duller than dishwater Tetsuro Shigamatsu I've barely listened. The fact that they then extended the drive-time show in Toronto meant that I couldn't listen to any of the interesting segments like Madly Off In All Directions, The Mystery Project or the various radio dramas which made the Roundup so interesting. It didn't help that they would switch around the schedule half the time so that you never knew exactly what was on when.

So I'm looking forward to whatever kind of program Freestyle turns out to be and am glad that The Bill Richardsonless Roundup is no more. Of course, I'm not in the car nearly as much as I used to be so I probably won't miss the afternoon stuff as much.

No comments: