Saturday, April 03, 2004

Poor Authors...

I was at Chapters with the guys this afternoon and saw that somebody was signing books. I walked past the guy's table about 4 times, not wanting to talk to him lest he be an author of disrepute who will just try to shill his tawdry wares and not leave me alone.

On the other hand, I feel bad when I see authors that nobody has heard of are trying to do a book signing and have nobody talk to them. I figure that could be me if I ever get my mythical novel written.

So I went over and chatted with him for a minute or two. He was a nice older gent who writes what he called 'family reading mysteries'. Ie. A mystery on par with what you'd find at your average Christian bookstore, minus the heavy-handed religiosity. He did have one book called The Pastor which looked interesting as it was a fictional account of the trials & tribulations of a pastor and his church over the course of two years.

I didn't buy any of the books though, as they were at Christian Bookstore Prices [tm], by which I mean it cost about $25 for a 250 page trade paperback... But I wouldn't mind reading them from the library.

No comments: