Friday, April 30, 2004

Mmm... steak...

Julie & I went out to Montana's tonight and used my winnings from the Feedback Lottery. We each had a 12 oz. steak with sidedishes galore and finished it off with a Chocolate Cookie Avalanche, which was very yummy. I haven't eaten that much in quite some time.

Afterwards we went to the mall to get some munchies at Bulk Barn and then I absconded with my debit card to EB while Julie looked at maternity clothes. I picked up two new games for $100, which is a very good deal, if I do say so myself.

I picked up Crimson Skies for the Xbox. It's VERY fun. I've got the original Crimson Skies for the PC but never really played it much. The Xbox version (which is technically a sequel) is incredibly fun to play on a nice large(ish) TV with surround sound.

If you're not familiar with the CS universe, it's an alternate 1930's where the US has fractured into a bunch of different nation-states following the Great Depression. Since the roads and railways have mostly been destroyed, air travel by crazy prototype planes and zeppellins is the order of the day.

And let me tell you. Zeps blow up nicely :)

It's a very pulpy kind of setting... much like Indiana Jones, but with air pirates. Lots of fun.

The other game I picked up is the new horror game, Siren. I've only just started playing it, so I can't say too much about it yet, but from the little bit I did play it's looking to be pretty creepy. I've read that it's actually supposed to be scarier than Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, which both were at the top of the list, scare-wise.

Siren does have an interesting storytelling device though. You play as about 10 different characters over the course of 3 days but the game is very non-chronological in its storytelling. Heck, there's a huge flowchart just so you can get a sense of what exactly happened when in the game. Should be neat for a crazy story geek like myself.

Granted, I also posted at length about a car wash, so who knows what my state of mind is. I also seem to be writing like Yoda, I am. Mmm... yes...

No comments: