Wednesday, April 07, 2004

CSIS Alert!

The local library is starting to scare Julie. It's gotten to the point now where I just walk in and go to the counter and the librarians hand me my books without seeing my card or asking my name. They even let me know if new graphic novels have come in or if there are any new sci-fi/fantasy novels that might interest me.

Since they seem to know me by face now, they must be wondering about my latest batch of books. I've been getting mostly fluff Star Wars novels and whatever graphic novels they get in, but then this week my books have been, well, odd.

I've got "Weapons Of Mass Destruction", a book on WMD's and their imminent threat, "Buffy The Vampire Slayer & Philosophy", a book on the deeper themes touched on by the Buffy series, and then the book that goes nicely with the WMD book, "When Religion Becomes Evil", which lays out 7 basic guidelines that show that a religion has been co-opted by those with darker intentions.

Too bad they didn't have the History Of Heavy Metal book in at the library. That'd really scare them!

No comments: