Friday, October 24, 2008

What A Crazy Last Few Weeks!

I tell ya, between the constant go-go-go at work and the nonstop barrage of awesome games, the last couple of weeks has been exhausting! Oh, and don't forget about all of the basement emptying and permit hassles. Yeesh.

I'm happy to report that my Florida excursion was exactly what I needed to stop being grumpy-puss at work and start enjoying my job again. It also helps that all of the chaos from mid-summer to the end of September has finally settled down and we can get back to the usual routine.

On the home improvement front, work will be starting officially on Monday morning. We've got the permits and the basement is on the verge of being completely emptied (as of tomorrow morning/early afternoon) which is just great. I can't wait to finally have usable space down there and after spending the last month and a half or so jumping through hoops, it'll be nice to have someone ELSE come and do a bunch of work!

And lastly, on the game front, the fall rush is in full swing and I'm happy to say that I'm doing well at sticking to the games I had preordered back in August. Dead Space is a fantastic game (if you liked Bioshock, do yourself a favour and play Dead Space!) and Fable 2 has been a lot of fun so far. I almost dredged up that picture from 3-4 years ago when I was so excited about Fable 1 but I resisted. I will say that what I've played of Fable 2 has pretty much shown me that this is the game that they wished Fable 1 had been... and I'm someone who quite enjoyed Fable 1 for what it was.

Of course, the best news of the week comes in the form of a little ball of yarn and string... well, virtual yarn and string.



I got a call around 7:30 this evening informing me that LittleBigPlanet was finally in! I loaded Garrett up in the car as soon as Dave & Kate left and we boogied on down to Milton to snag the game. I've just been waiting for Julie to finish watching Made Of Honor (sigh) and then I shall take my Sackboy for a spin! The best thing is that all of my friends online have to wait until tomorrow to play the game as I guess most stores won't have it until then. Mwahaha...

No comments: