Friday, October 10, 2008

All Hail Canadia!

We're home in our native land... Hooray!

We played a lot of games of Hurry Up And Wait this afternoon. We ended up hanging around at the Ft. Lauderdale airport for about 4 hours while we waited for our plane. Due to some of the bad weather down Florida way, it was delayed about 10 minutes or so, which meant that we had a really tight connection in Charlotte.

I tell ya. We knew we weren't going to have a lot of time during our connection but it was ridiculous. Our plane arrived at gate B16... our flight to Toronto was leaving at Gate C16 in 20 minutes. C16 is at the absolute opposite side of the airport from B16. Add to that mix a whole slew of people who were determined to either cut in front of us, stand in the middle of the concourse or just block the entire walkway while walking VERY SLOWLY and you had a couple of pissed off Canucks coming your way. I was starting to use my rolling suitcase as a battering ram and had to leave Julie behind so I could at least make it to the gate to have them hold the plane for us.

Julie didn't fare so well. Next time you talk to her, ask her about her faceplant in front of the ticket counter...

But we got on board, got our bags stowed and were in the air on time and arrived in Toronto just before midnight. The sad thing is that the cool, crisp fall air is probably warmer than the absurdly cold lobby at the hotel or worse, the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. I know it's warm down there, but I was getting the feeling that I'd inadvertently signed up for a cryogenics research project this afternooon.

Anyway, Julie's already hit the hay and I'm just running on adrenaline, so I'm going to go crash. Long story short, we had a great time down South and it was nice to get away (without the kids!) for a time and just have a nice vacation with just the two of us. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow when we go to Sarnia in the afternoon. I need to have a chat with some people about some destroyed pillows...

No comments: