Monday, October 20, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is A Quicksnap

I'm addicted to Dragon's Den on Monday nights. It is a mixture of great inventions and American Idol-style withering criticism.

Between the doggie diapers and underwater gold mines (literally), there are some really awesome things that I wouldn't mind trying out. Last week's final pitch blew me away, as it is something incredibly simple but also something that I desperately need.

I present... The Quicksnap!



"What is Quicksnap? QuickSnap is a two-piece, durable plastic clip that eliminates the need to ever tie your laces again."

I think I've whined a few times about how impossible it is for me to keep my shoelaces tied up. Sure, I can double-knot them, but that means I either have to fight with knots whenever I either put my shoes on or take them off OR I can just jam my feet into my sneakers and destroy the heels, which is usually what ends up happening.

This Quicksnap thingie looks like the answer to my shoelace woes. I see that they're going rather cheaply (~$10 after shipping & handling)... I might just have to grab one of these and see how they work. One of the inventors is a member of the Canadian Armed Forces and used them on his combat boots, so they must be somewhat decent!

No comments: