Sunday, October 05, 2008

Frondly Thinking Of Home

Sorry for the late update, but we did indeed make it safe and sound to Ft. Lauderdale.

We arrived around 6pm and after settling in, we had a delicious (and expensive) dinner at the China Grill down in the bowels of our hotel. Great food and a nice way to end a long day.

The weather is supposed to be somewhat craptacular while we're down here, but that's ok. We're just happy to be on vacation ON OUR OWN!

I'll keep everyone apprised of our adventures over the next few days. I will say that the Charlotte airport had some cool stuff. You know you're in the South when you have rocking chairs in the main terminal of the airport. I also took a picture of this crazy blimp mobile. I'll post it tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Julie's been snoozing for an hour or so and I should hit the hay soon too. We need to find somewhere for breakfast as the hotel's restaurant is WAY too pricey. I'm talking about $16 omelettes and $6 bagels w/ cream cheese. No thanks.

They did have amazing mojitos and sakitinis though. Who would have thought to use sake as a base for a martini? Not me! But it was yummy.

No comments: