Sunday, June 17, 2007

Spidey vs. FF

I just got back from a Spidey 3/FF double bill. I hate to say it, but I think I actually enjoyed FF more.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was just pure superhero awesomeness even with Jessica Alba as Sue Storm and the crappy Doctor Doom.

Since the plot didn't revolve around the FF going, "Wow! I have powers!" every 5 minutes like the first movie did, stuff actually happened this time around. That was the biggest problem that I had with the first FF movie. It was fun, but nothing happened. Oh, stuff happened this time around. Lots of stuff.

The implementation of the Silver Surfer was also awesome and while I wish they'd had the good ol' Purple Shorts version of Galactus, I liked the more Ultimate universe version of him in the movie.

Spiderman 3, on the other hand, was a good movie... just not a good Spiderman movie. Honestly, they could just cut out the actual superhero bits and have a perfectly servicable teen drama. That said, it was good. Just a bit too much romance and not enough development of the villains and their relationship with Spidey.

No comments: