Monday, May 21, 2007

Well, That's Unlike Me

Today I went against my better judgement and had a rather full day. It was completely spontaneous but it was a pretty productive and packed day for all of us.

It started this morning around 6:30-6:45 or so. I was awake and decided to hop in the shower. After I got out, everyone was still asleep, so I was looking forward to having an hour or so of family-free gaming before Garrett woke up and the day got crazy.

Of course, as I was heading down the stairs, Garrett popped his head out of his room and said hi.

So began my nutty day. On a whim, I decided to get Garrett dressed, pack a quick breakfast and go fishing! We drove around a bit looking for somewhere to fish and ended up back at Fairy Lake again. Garrett tried casting and reeling again and after a few tangles, he got bored and wandered around the beach, making friends with the people walking their dogs nearby.

After we finished fishing (9:30ish), we headed back home, caught our breath and then the whole family trundled off to the garden center to get some grass seed and topsoil.

I then spent the whole afternoon digging up weeds, spreading top soil and seeding the lawn while Garrett entertained the neighbours with his antics.

Suffice it to say, I'm pooped. I think I finally sat down and got a chance to catch my breath around 4ish or so.

At least I have the season finale of 24 and a lovely glass of raspberry & chocolate dessert wine to sip whilst watching it :)

No comments: