Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sl-Eep?

So last night I get home from work around 11pm, Julie & Kara went to bed around 11:45pm and I settled in for an hour or two of Gears Versus action.

Woo! Lots of fun, much chainsawing to random strangers and I got the lowest score on every map.

So I drag myself off to bed around 2am which is plenty of time for me to sleep seeing as the kids don't usually wake up until around 7 or 8...

HA!

I think that by the time I had my light off and was asleep, it was pushing 3am. Stupid coffee at work... So I'm asleep for about an hour, hour and a half and then Julie wakes me up to cuddle Kara for a bit since she was getting rather cranky come 4:30am.

I've seemed to have had the magic touch with Kara lately. Not last night/this morning. She just wouldn't settle down. Out of respect for Julie and her lack of sleep, I took Kara downstairs and figured I'd watch Daily Show & Colbert from last night while she calmed down.

She finally fell asleep around 6am. By this point in time, I've watched both shows from last night and am wide awake myself. I took care of some stuff online that I had to do and then it was almost 7am when I finally dragged my carcass up to bed to see if I could at least get a couple hours of sleep. Julie was taking the kids to the drop in center this morning so I figured I'd get to sleep till around noon.

Double HA!

Who do I see climbing a ladder past my window at 7am as I'm tucking into bed? The roofer guys. I kid you not, today, of all days, the roofers are here, banging and hammering away all morning. I tried, oh how I tried, to sleep through it, but to no avail.

So here I am in a sort of zen-like daze, sort of staring off into space and playing the 360 while roofers bang and hammer away at the roof.

At least I called in sick to work. There's no way I'd be any use to them today. I've just gotten over this stupid cold that I was fighting all last week and about all I'd be good for today would be holding down a couch and/or staring at the ceiling. I just hope the roofers finish at a decent time today so I can try to grab an hour or two of shut-eye before Lost.

No comments: