Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Facebook, Shmacebook

I have a bit of a quandary with Facebook and Myspace. I keep having people send me invites to their Facebook friend list, etc. These are people I genuinely would like to stay in touch with.

Just not via Facebook or Myspace. I haven't set up an account on either service and don't intend to ever. I know it's a good way to touch base with people you went to school with ages ago but frankly, and maybe I'm just an old coot, if I haven't bothered to touch base with you since high school, I probably don't want to.

I do have one friend, Mr. Pete, who seems to only be reachable via MySpace, which sucks. I do want to keep in touch with him, but I refuse to break my no-MySpace rule, even for good ol' Pete.

Sigh.

Stupid crappy networking websites with design circa 1998 and their global appeal.

No comments: