Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Treasure Hunt!

I'm on vacation! Woo!

Which means Julie has put me to work. I've been emptying my old office for the last few weekends and thought I'd have it all done first thing yesterday morning. HA!

I started carting things out of there yesterday morning around 11am or so and I didn't have the room emptied and the walls washed down with TSP until almost 8pm! Yeesh! I had hoped to get a coat of paint on yesterday, if nothing else.

The stuff I've uncovered while emptying my office is scaring me. I found a silver pocket watch, a dried up bug, a short story I'd written years ago and thought was lost and most mysterious of all, a slip of paper with the words, "Beware The Albino Apocalypse" written on it....

IN MY OWN HANDWRITING!

I'm scared now.

Oh, and next time I see the guy who used to live in our house, I'm going to swat him. He seemed to have a sick fascination for putting drywall screw sinks in the walls. There are almost more holes than wall. Now I need to find some way to patch them up because while I want to just paint over all the holes, I know that will look really crappy later on.

No comments: