Monday, March 13, 2006

Rrroll Up The Rim To Sue!

I'm sure everyone has heard this little story by now, but can you believe the stuff going on in Quebec over that winning cup?

I think that the family of the 12 year old girl who helped roll up the rim should have been thankful they were going to get any money from the parents of the girl who found the cup. By being greedy buggers, they lose any sympathy I might be inclined to give them (which isn't much).

THIS guy, though, takes the cake. He should have to pay me for making the vein throb in my forehead for being angry at idiots like him.

It's not like the cups don't have a GIGANTIC YELLOW ARROW pointing at the spot that you're supposed to roll up. If you tossed out a winning cup, tough luck, sweetheart. Would this guy have demanded a DNA test if it had been a cup that won a donut or coffee? Yeesh. By his logic, I should have to return all the stuff I have scavenged during bulk junk day because it's technically (in his mind) the property of the person who threw it out.

In case you couldn't tell, I don't have much sympathy for him. I did like the response from the government body that oversees the contest.

"What's next, a claim by the person who printed the cup? Or delivered it?"

So, give the 10 year old's family the RAV 4. If they feel so inclined, give $100 to the family of the 12 year old so that they can go buy a bunch of coffee maybe win something. As for Greedy McTossypants, he deserves a BOOT TO THE HEAD!

No comments: