Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Oh yeah. I saw Daredevil tonight. Now, I've never been a huge DD fan, but it's just because I have never really bothered to follow those comics. That said, I liked the movie. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it wasn't bad either.

The biggest problem were the fights. They were neat, but they were also of the 'super-fast-quick-cuts' school of film editing, so you only get a glimpse of something then it cuts to something else faster than a kid with ADHD on Jolt. That, and the fact that Daredevil must have been THE darkest (as in hard to see) movie I've seen on the big screen made figuring out what was going on a chore.

Though I guess that since Daredevil is blind, it did make it a little more like the disorienting world he must inhabit... hmm... now that I think about it, the sound was excellent and if I watched the movie again I'd probably appreciate the fights more.

Bullseye rocked. Colin Ferrel was just too nutty as Mr. Targethead. Heck, even Affleck was good both as Matt Murdoch and DD.

Horseface, er, Jennifer Garner, that is, was rather boring, as usual. I don't get her. She can't fight, she looks like she got hit in the face with a board and her acting was just as wooden. Why does she get all these good roles? *shrug* Oh well. At least she doesn't ruin the movie. She just doesn't really add much to it either.

No comments: