Thursday, March 06, 2003

And I went a little crazy today. Bought a bunch of books at the bookstore. Only 5, which worked out to close to $60... of course the people kept trying to sell me an Avid Reader card, and besides the fact that I used to work at the chain and know all about the stuff, and the fact that I'd have had to pay an extra $15 on top of the $60 in books I already had, they seemed to think that was a good deal.

And it would be, if I actually bought books with anywhere near the same frequency as I used to. As it stands, I'll buy the occasional book on a whim, but I'm mostly filling out series now. Sure, MAYBE over the course of the year I might spend enough on books to make my $20 for the card back, but since I would rather buy my books at Bakka which is the only place in Canada NOT part of the Chapters/Indigo cult, my card wouldn't really do me any good anyway.

The even scarier part is that my bank account is STILL in the positive... though not for long. Time to put the cards away now. Sigh.

No comments: