Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Just got home from Two Towers.

Amazing. It was everything I'd hoped for, and more. The Ents were great, Gollum was amazing, and the battles were just dandy.

I'm just mad I have to wait a year for Return of the King. Granted, I hope they put an extended edition of this on DVD as well. If they do as good a job on it as they did on the extended Fellowship... man!

Gollum was so good though. Lucas needs to take some lessons in how to do a digital character properly from Peter Jackson.

And no, it wasn't 100% faithful to the book, but it did everything it needed to do and not totally lose the audience, and the battles were so good they made up for any shortfall in the story.

I've always liked the second book though, mainly because it's the most driven of the 3 books in the series. There is a lot happening and not much downtime at all. Fellowship is good as far as establishing the world, but man, it's slow. And Return of the King kind of peters out once the main battles are done. In fact, I still haven't read the last part of it. But I will.

Well, i need to sleep before my interview. zzz

No comments: