Tuesday, December 10, 2002

AC2 is quite spiffy. I played it for most of the day today and really enjoyed it.

Well, that is to say, I really enjoyed it when I wasn't standing around waiting for the lag to clear up. I'm not sure why, but the lag was crippling. I've tried all sorts of things and it still won't play smoothly except in very short spurts.

I wouldn't mind so much if everyone had the bad lag, but here I am, GeForce 4, Pentium 4 1.6GHz machine with a DSL connection and lagging my butt off, and my brother Dave is sitting there with his P3 800MHz system, Geforce 2 and a 56K dial-up line and running smooth as silk. And he's got the same features turned on as I do! AH!

Tomorrow's patch day, so hopefully whatever is causing that problem will clear up. And I do know that sometimes my lines act up, so it could just be a temporary thing.

I am just leery that I might have to take the game back. I will do that too if it is still too laggy to play come next Monday. I don't want to, but I'm just now getting back into the MMORPG stuff and if they're going to charge me almost $20/month to play, it better run well.

No comments: