Friday, September 02, 2011

Settling In

So today marks the end of my first week working at the new house. It has been a pretty seamless transition, though I'm still experiencing some cognitive dissonance when I go to look for something and it's not where I would normally find it or when I run into a slightly different method of doing things than what I'm used to at the house I've worked at for the past 6 years.

That being said, I think that now that I've had a week to acclimate to the pace and the people at the new house, I'll probably enjoy my stay here much more than I expected to. The people here are much older than the crew I usually support so the energy level is a lot more subdued. I can actually get some work done during the day now instead of being interrupted every 5 minutes with a new question! Yay! The upside of that is that if I can actually get my work done when I have a chance to, I can spend more time out with the guys doing things instead of being cooped up in the office on a never-ending treadmill of paperwork. Huzzah!

So things are going to be ok, I think. I wasn't a huge fan of this transition when it was asked of me a month ago but I know the people here and I know I'm going back to 'my house' early next year, so I think things are going to be pretty swell in the interim. And the change of pace is nice. I get to look out over the escarpment every morning on my way down here which is a little nicer view than downtown Acton :)
---  
What I'm Reading: Ready Player One
What I'm Playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deathspank: Thongs Of Virtue 
What I'm Watching: Community: Season 1

No comments: