Friday, January 21, 2011

What A Week

Things are finally starting to get back to normal.

One of my coworkers was struck and killed by a GO train last Friday afternoon and I found out about it on Saturday morning (if you've been following my tweets, you've probably noticed that last week was kind of wonky).

It has been a rough week at work but all of the staff and the guys attended the memorial service for Elliott on Wednesday and it was a beautiful service that celebrated his far too short life. He was only about 5-6 months younger than me, so it struck home how fast things can change.

But life goes on and we'll remember all of the good thing about the last few years he spent working at CH before the accident. I've been wiped since I'm essentially running the show this week too, which has been a real treat. That said, work is starting to fall back into its old routine and while things aren't really back to normal, per se, it's a lot closer to normal than it has been for the past few days.

I just wish I had the weekend off to relax!

No comments: