Sunday, February 01, 2009

Yoga, Iga,Wega

Yesterday, whilst out and about unloading the storage unit and moving things into my basement, I ended up popping into the local video store to see if they happened to have a particular $9 game that I was looking for. They didn't, but what they did have was a Wii Fit for sale. Knowing how hard it is to find these things in the wild, I bit the bullet and grabbed it.

Here's the thing. It's actually a very good piece of hardware AND software. I thought it would be this gimmicky thing that would gather dust but I have to say, this is the first 'game' that I've brought into the house where I've been the person to use it the least.

Garrett absolutely LOVES the thing. The software is very easy to use as you just lean or run on the pad and while he's still getting a feel for it, it's a great thing to use indoors when the weather is crappy and he needs to burn off some energy.

The funniest thing is that his favourite part is the yoga. He was doing the poses on the box before I even got it open. Check out his Tree pose:



The real clincher on the thing was when I went out with Garrett for an hour or so yesterday and came home to find that Julie had used it for most of the time while we were out.

Julie...
Played a video game...
Willingly.

I believe that is one of the signs of the apocalypse right there.

Heck, she also used it again tonight with nary a prompt from me.

Of everyone here, I've used the thing the least, and that just strikes me as wrong. I need to use it some more so that I can unlock the more advanced skiing courses. It really does feel like you're skiing once you get a feel for it. I did horribly the first run down the mountain but once I let myself sort of fall into the right posture and use the muscles I use when I ski, it just felt right and I was able to do the slalom almost perfectly.

Now to try to turn my big fat Mii into a skinny me!

No comments: