Thursday, February 12, 2009

This Is Going To Be One Expensive Week...

And the hits just keep on coming.

On Tuesday, I dropped $600 to get my car's manifold replaced. Hooray, I thought.

This afternoon, I went out for a little drive and the battery light started flashing and then just stayed on. I knew this was a bad sign, so I took it into the shop right away. Turns out that the alternator is going too. Sigh.

Hopefully this won't cost a fortune and I won't have to repair anything else on the car for a while...

Unfortunately, my expenses don't stop there. The other week, the power went off in our front hallway (and the microwave plug too). I had hoped that it would just be a matter of flicking a breaker but nooo... none of the breakers had tripped.

I tried flicking them all but nothing happened to fix the problem. The next day, out of the blue, the lights all came back on. I thought that would be it, but alas. On Monday or Tuesday this week, the power went out again and never came back on. So I called an electrician and when I told him what happened and where I lived, he said, "Sounds like an aluminum wiring problem."

I REALLY hope that means it's a simple fix... Or that he takes Visa...

Why couldn't all of these problems have happened after I'd paid off more of the line of credit... or at least not all happen in the same bloody week?

No comments: