Friday, September 14, 2007

My Horrible Local Paper

I've finally got the scanner/printer thingy set up here at Casa Del Wager, so I'm going to try to scan some of the pictures and headlines from our local paper and post them just to illustrate how horrible the layout department is for that rag.

I like the paper, as it is a wealth of local news. That said, having a headline that screams "WOMAN KILLS LOCAL MAN - VICTIM KNOWN TO POLICE" right above a picture of a smiling man in a suit standing with his daughters that happens to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY IN THE HEADLINE is just bad press. In the latest issue, aside from the not so dead dapper gentleman, there is also a picture that makes it look like a local drunk ran over Terry Fox and that an old granny is a perfect candidate for the HPV vaccine.

Trust me, you'll see what I mean after I scan and post these things...

No comments: