Friday, September 14, 2007

All Better Now (mostly)

Ah, thank you, makers of Tylenol Cold & Sinus and Neo-Citran.

After much chugging of pharmaceuticals and a LOT of sleep, I am feeling at least 75% better. I woke up this morning with my head not ready to erupt and my eyes feeling like they actually belonged in my head. A nice hot shower quickly washed away what was left of my headache and while my energy levels have been not quite up to snuff, I felt a LOT better than I did yesterday.

We did a bunch of walking this morning too, which helped me feel both better and a lot more worn out than I was just hanging around the house. We checked on Julie's fair entries and she won a first place, a couple seconds and a couple thirds. I think it tallies up to about $19 in winnings, which isn't bad. Garrett's entries didn't win any prizes but he did get some fancy participation ribbons. I think he should have won something for his 'What Looks Good On A Bagel' entry though. Both the first and second place prizes were just peanut butter and banana slices. The third place winner was two halves of a bagel with cream cheese and a raisin happy face on each one.

Garrett's masterpiece, on the other hand, was a veritable cacophony of flavour. He had a cream cheese base, gummi bears, chocolate chips, raisins and probably some of his snot as he had a bit of a runny nose that day.

The contest was, "What LOOKS Good On A Bagel", not "What TASTES Good On A Bagel". If I'd known he could have just slapped some peanut butter and a banana on the bagel, we'd have won the show. Ah well.

I was a lot grumpier the last two days than usual though. I hate it when I'm sick, especially when I can't sleep and my head is sore. I think Julie was glad I went to work today so I wasn't snarky all night like I was last night.

No comments: