Monday, September 24, 2007

Insanity

You want to know what's nuts?

I traded in 21 games today and you can't even tell that any are missing.

21!

My DVD/Game collection just seals itself like a hull breach on the Enterprise.

On the upside, I now am the proud owner of a PSP Slim. Yes, I've railed against the PSP in the past but that's because there weren't any games worth getting the system for. Sure, there were a few worth playing if you had the system, but nothing I'd consider a system seller.

Now there is Jeanne D'Arc, a turn-based strategy RPG by Level 5, one of my favourite developers of all time... a game my very picky friend is calling his game of the year.

So the new game, coupled with the fact that they did a redesign on the system that speeds up UMD read times, extends the battery life to something actually useful and cuts down on the weight of the beast AND the fact that it comes bundled with Daxter, one of the better games for the system, really got the bug in my brain.

It took some digging through my library and some sacrifices of games that I wouldn't have minded holding onto, but everything I traded in was either beaten or had been gathering dust for far too long to justify keeping if I could snag a decent trade-in on the thing. The upside is that I had enough to get the bundle and Jeanne D'Arc and only paid $20 out of my pocket. Gotta love that.

I haven't had a chance to do much more than do a system update and fiddle with some of the settings on the system, but it looks like a pretty nice unit. Will it supplant the DS as my favourite console EVER? Unlikely, but it will complement it well.

No comments: