Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hot, Shmot

Of course, I know I'm jinxing myself by posting this, but what happened to the cauldrons of hell that were supposed to roast us alive today? Every weather report I've read over the last couple of days has proclaimed this as being the hottest day of the summer, with temperatures soaring over the 40 degree mark with the humidex.

Yet here I sit, looking at my internal/external thermometer and it's actually warmer inside than out. It's only 20.8 degrees outside and it's 25 degrees inside. Heck, I just opened the windows to let the cool breeze in.

I think that the fact that it's been rainy since about 11am has helped. There's a great breeze out right now and aside from the dark and stormy clouds, it's quite pleasant outside.

I'm just happy it didn't turn into a scorcher today. I hate stupidly hot days like today was supposed to be. They make me generally unpleasant to be around...

No comments: