Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A super special announcement!

I just wanted to be the first to let everyone know that Julie is expecting...


To go on a trip to Calgary for business stuff at the end of the month. Woo! Garrett & I get the house to ourselves. Let the messiness begin!

I apologize for not updating very much lately. As usual, work has been insane and when I'm not at work, I'm busy chasing Garrett around. The upside is that with the nice weather G-Dawg and I have been walking to the library or the other places where we go for the kid's programs that Garrett participates in. Soon I'll be unrecognizable and Garrett will have legs the circumference of small gophers.

Honestly though, I've been stupidly busy at work and usually by the time I get home I'm lucky not to pass out on the couch within an hour of sitting down. The upside is that, aside from a trip up to Orillia tomorrow morning for a one-day conference, I'm off work until the 22nd! Woo! I'll be doing the Easter thing this weekend and then going up to my parents' time-share near Collingwood for a few days with Garrett, Dave & Connor next week. Julie gets the house to herself then!

The other thing that has been keeping me busy is that I've been working on re-learning how to do web design stuff. Those CD-ED courses are looking mighty tempting at the moment. I just don't want to waste time and money on them if they're junk. I'm very far behind on my web tech though. I can tweak a mean bit of HTML, but I've let my skills get VERY rusty. I've also been writing articles for a game journalism site that I'm setting up with a few other people and that has been keeping me busy. I've actually gotten to the point where I'm spending more time writing about games and the industry than I do actually playing them... sigh.

So there ya go. I'm going to be off though and if I can get my batteries recharged somewhat, I should be back in my usual 8-post-per-day cycle instead of the one fluff post every 4 days that I'm at right now. Soon James will overtake me in post frequency, and that just shouldn't happen.

---
What I'm Reading: Paths Not Taken, a CSS coding book
What I'm Playing: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Dawn Of War, Kingdom Hearts 2, FEAR
What I'm Watching: 24, Lost, Prison Break, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl

No comments: