Thursday, October 16, 2003

Well, I'm back.

Had a nice time up north. The weather was insane though. I was woken up around 4am on Wednesday morning by the wind blowing the shutters on the windows against the cottage... over and over and over again until about 7am when it was light enough outside to see what I was doing...

I also got to stand around, knee deep in a lake in the middle of a freezing rainstorm while wind gusts of 100+ Km/h blew by... oh, and the air temperature was about 7 degrees Celcius. I did get a bunch of exercise lugging the boats in out of said lake, but I think next year we'll go a little earlier in the year. If we'd gone last week, it would have been gorgeous. This week was scary!

The guys had a great time though. We drove up to Minden yesterday and found a great little restaurant called The Brown Owl Restaurant. If you're ever up that way, check it out. Great fish & chips and yummy onion rings.

The colours on the trees were gorgeous too. That's the main reason I enjoy going up to the cottage at this time of year rather than the summer. Not only is the scenery beautiful, the normal tourists are all gone and it's also nice to be able to cozy up to a fire and read a book on a gusty, windy night as opposed to trying to find some way to stop from melting in the hot summer.

I've got a bunch of pictures. I think that what I'll do is just upload them all to my sympatico webserver and link to the directory.

No comments: