Friday, February 21, 2003

Just got back from the auto show. Yawn. But not as yawny as it was two years ago. Yarg.

GM had a neat acrobatics show to roll out a few cars, and the Mitsubishi booth rocked (well, it wasn't that exciting, but I love the music and the cars, so it rocked in my book), so it wasn't as boring as it usually is.

The problem with the Toronto Auto Show is that it's essentially just a big showroom for cars that we mere mortals can actually afford. Literally, it's like a bunch of the dealers in the area got together and decided to pool their resources and show off all their cars at once. (Actually, that's likely what happened.)

I like auto shows like Detroit and Geneva. I want to see cars that depreciate in value just from my looking at their chrome. I want to see concept cars that we laugh at now, but will be driving in a few years. THAT is an auto show. If I just want to see what my local dealer has to sell me, then I'll just go to my local dealer for free, thanks.

No comments: