Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, It's One Way To Get Me To Stop Buying Games...

I had a big bucket of cold water poured on my urge to splurge today. I went into EB just to see if they had some old PS2 games that I've been trying to track down. The manager was busy marking games UP. Most were $69... used games, $65. Just wrong.

He was just shaking his head and saying, "I've given up trying to figure out how the pricing scheme works." The saddest thing was seeing some new games for $9 on the PS3 shelf and then other, older games for $55-69.

It's like, "Well, the economy is going down the toilet and people are spending less. Let's jack the price on games up $10."

Suffice it to say, it will be very easy for me to stick to my resolution to not buy games this year if this pricing trend continues. Forget the fact that the games are already stupidly expensive. Half of them take about 6 hours to complete for that price. I'll just go rent most of the hot games this year and wait for them to hit the bargain bins in 6 months at this rate.

No comments: