Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tastiest Game Of The Year

Last week I picked up a little cartridge for my DS called Personal Trainer: Cooking. It's essentially a digital cookbook and I'd heard good things about it.

I perused it during the week and decided to take it for a spin this weekend. On Friday, I made my first ever batch of rice pudding and I have to say that it tasted pretty yummy, though I'll have to tweak it a bit the next time I make it.

I made a couple of other recipes at work today for the guys. I made some cheese pancakes for breakfast and gnocchi with gorganzola sauce for supper. I didn't get a chance to actually try the gnocchi, but I did taste the sauce and it was pretty yummy. The pancakes were sweeter than I expected but a welcome change from the usual sunday brunch menu.

If you've got a DS and $20 and want to expand your cooking, I heartily recommend this program. Even Garrett was getting into it. There's a recipe for banana brownies that he wanted to make but since I had the DS at work, he couldn't wait and ended up making some other kind of brownies. Ah well. He did help with the rice pudding on Friday though!

And it's not a game. Julie even said so and if anyone would classify one of my purchases as a game, well, it'd be her.

No comments: