Friday, November 17, 2006

Our New Kid Must Be Part Cylon

Julie's starting to scare me. She's suffering from some kind of pregnancy dementia that is turning her into far too much of a nerdling for her own good. I've had several conversations with her about the PS3 launch, which is pretty scary on its own. Heck, the other day I actually stopped mid-sentence and said, "Wait a minute. This is the kind of thing I babble on about with the guys at EB or on Evil Avatar, not with you. What's going on?!"

I also had funny exchange with her tonight.
I was playing some Final Fantasy XII and had hopped on a Chocobo.



This is a chocobo, by the way...

Anyway, I stopped for a second and pointed to the screen and said, "Hey, what's that thing called?"

Julie thought for a minute and then said, "Hmm... A chocobo?" That surprised her almost as much as it surprised me. I told her she was right and she said, "No way! I just pulled that name out of the air." Then she mumbled about spending too much time around me...

Of course, that's when I knew that our kid must be a Cylon hybrid. It's the only explanation.

No comments: