Monday, November 06, 2006

Cogeco? More like Stupidco.

Wow. I just got my Digital HD Cable receiver today. I called for it, oh, LAST SATURDAY (the 28th!) and should have had it by about the first last week. I won't get into all the sorry details, but I tell ya, it wasn't pretty.

They had the wrong address for here. Then when they finally sent it to me, they didn't bother to put a street address on the package. THEN they sent me the wrong receiver. I was talking to the guy today about the possible location of my receiver and lo and behold, not one, but TWO HD receivers arrived. Sigh.

What really boggled my mind was the fact that people I was talking to didn't seem to know the difference between RCA cables and component. And I'm talking about the people who do the work on the actual boxes. Sigh. How do you get a job working on High Definition TV services without learning about what a component cable is? Sigh.

That said, ooooooh baby. I love it. We've got a bunch of HD channels (Discovery HD is so gorgeous you almost feel like you're going to fall into the TV!) and I now have G4 TechTV. I used to dream of the day that I'd get TechTV on my TV but now they've almost neutered it of all the good game and tech related goodness. Thankfully the Canadian version of the channel still has some good shows like Call for Help and the various Vic & Tommy game shows. In the states they've gotten rid of most of the game shows and replaced them with drift racing shows and repeats of Star Trek: TNG. Yippedy doo.

No comments: