Thursday, February 02, 2006

Weekly Wisdumb #2: Rebecca

So last night, at around 12:30am (yes, that's after midnight for those keeping track at home) the phone rang.

I must have slept through the first ring or two as I awoke to Julie standing on my side of the bed with the phone in her hands.

She handed it to me as the person on the other end of the line had asked for me by name.

Well, who knew that I had female admirers who would call me in the middle of the night to ramble incoherently? This girl, who must have been drunk or bored or both, sounded as if she knew me but when she asked if Julie was my girlfriend, well, that obviously showed she knew not whom she was speaking with. I ended up hanging up after a minute or two of Rebecca (as she identified herself) giggling and acting wierd. Of course, about two minutes after I hung up my brain came up out of the coma it was in and started to think about all of the things I could have said to this phantom phone caller. Ah well.

This morning, when waking up at 6:30am, I thought that I should *69 the number and give her a call to see how she likes being awakened at the wee hours, but being the mature guy that I am (and the cheapskate... do you know how expensive *69ing someone is?) I decided to leave it as it is.

Of course, if Ms. Rebecca calls back tonight, I'll be prepared.

So, without further ado I present:

Weekly Wisdumb #2: Always have a list of witty retorts beside your phone in case you're awoken in the wee hours of the night and can't think on your feet.

No comments: