Tuesday, April 23, 2002

I'm currently working my way through the excellent Vagrant Story by Squaresoft from a couple years back. While I tried to beat it a year ago or so, I was promptly thrashed and sent running with my tail between my legs. NOT an easy game, that. I've come back and decided to play intelligently and am absolutely loving the game now. My brain can handle the insane weapon attribute and customization system and I also learned that there's this handy little quick menu when you press the L2 button, which I didn't know about before. I don't know how I played as much of the game as I did the first time not knowing about that little feature.

Anyway, I thought I'd point you towards this review as an example of Alliteration Overdose. It's an entertaining read, but ye gods, tone down the drama buddy :)

An example of their scintillating prose is as follows:
"In case you did not follow all that, Vagrant Story is the Denise Richards of video games."

Is that good or bad? I'm not sure. I mean, I think Denise Richards is quite nice to look at, but she's never struck me as overly intelligent. And Vagrant Story is very nice to look at too, but it's so deep, plot and gameplay-wise... *shrug*

Must... leave... work... must... play... more... Vagrant Story...

Oh, I spent about a half hour on VS today and thought I'd cleared out a room. I left my little guy alone to recoup his health and went to get ready for work. When I returned, I see "Game Over" on the screen... AH! I must have either missed an enemy OR been poisoned. Sigh. It's only a half hour to make up, but it's an annoying half-hour of play since most of my weapons are useless against the enemies I'm fighting at that spot.

No comments: