Monday, April 29, 2002

Add another game to the list of what I'm playing at the moment. I spent the day playing Tachyon: The Fringe on my PC. It's a pretty nice space-combat sim from a few years ago and it has the voice talents of none other than Bruce Campbell, which make it oh so fun to play!

It's been pretty entertaining so far. It's like a mix between Privateer and the Freespace games. Lots of quick missions with some pretty intense dogfighting and lots of pretty explosions. And you are effectively a mercenary, so you can pick and choose what side you want to play on as you choose your missions and it's rather open-ended that way.

Nice story so far too. I wasn't expecting the plot twist that happened right near the beginning of the game. I didn't like having to go from a rather nice ship to a flying lunchpail either...

No comments: