Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Blast Of A Party

What a busy day we had today.  It was Garrett's birthday party and he went to the Lazer Tag place in Milton. It was great fun, but tiring.

Later in the day, we went to see Brave.  What a great movie.  I recall seeing some rumblings on Twitter that it was just ok (or worse, it was a Pixar movie that felt like a Dreamworks movie!) but I thought it was phenomenal.  It's one of those movies that I think being a parent puts a different spin on the impact it has compared to if I was just some schmoe watching it and then going back to my empty basement.  I won't lie. There was a little bit of moisture accumulating near my eyes by the end.

Tomorrow is Garrett's actual birthday and I think he's going to be pleasantly surprised by the presents he's getting from us.  They're nothing that I can picture him actually expecting, but I think he'll love them both.

I'll post pictures of his awesome birthday cake and the presents sometime tomorrow.  I promise!

No comments: