Sunday, August 18, 2002

Ok. There is a conspiracy. Every time I buy a video card, within 6 months the company that makes it must go out of business. I bought a 3DFX Voodoo 5 a few years ago, bam! It's out of business 6 months later.

I just got the news today that Visiontek, the company that made my Geforce 4, has gone bankrupt too. Sigh. At least it's not as bad as with the Voodoo 5. Nvidia, the company that makes the actual graphics chip, is still in business... it's just annoying at this moment. Hopefully this won't be a death-knell for Nvidia and they'll be able to get another of the card makers to step in and fill the void.

It is sad though... I picked Visiontek specifically because I wanted to avoid what happened w/ the Voodoo 5... Visiontek is (was?) the number 1 manufacturer of the Geforce series... sigh...

Oh well. NEXT TIME I will pick a company nobody heard of and a vid card that is not compatible with anything... that'll learn 'em!

No comments: