Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Lost On Jeopardy...

So the online Jeopardy! tests were this week and tonight was the last night. I signed up earlier in the day and spent most of tonight waiting patiently for my chance to squeeze a little of the trivia knowledge out of my brain in the general direction of Mr. Trebek.

Alas, I'll never know how I may have done BECAUSE FLASH CRASHED ON ME 20 QUESTIONS INTO THE TEST!

Stupid Flash.

I just sat there in shock when the screen suddenly went grey and a little sad face appeared to tell me that the Flash plug-in had crashed.  Then a mad scramble ensued to try to log back in and salvage whatever was left of my chance at glory.

Alas, 'twas not to be. I was greeted with a smug little picture of Alex saying, "Sorry, you're too late for tonight's test. TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR, LOSER!*"

Ah well. It was pretty challenging, the 20 questions that I did do. Not super hard, but you only get 15 seconds per question to read and answer, and it's all typed in, so you can't even just shout out a quick guess.  It may have also gone smoother if I'd realized that I didn't have to hit Submit after each question. Sigh.

I think the only thing left to say is that I didn't even get a copy of the home version...


Till next year, Alex.  Then we shall meet on the field of trivia once more.

*I may have read something into his expresssion...


No comments: