Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cable (With No Deadpool)

Yesterday we had the lightpost (and its built-in transformer) yanked out of our front yard by Hydro as they are in the midst of upgrading all of the transformers in the neighbourhood. This meant that last night was the first time we've had a pitch-black house at night, as we've had that glare in our house for the past 7 years or so.

Now that's all well and good. I like darkness as much as the next nighthawk. But what we weren't so happy about was whatever they did to our cable while they were digging up the lights.

Standard def cable channels are working fine, but all of our digital and HD channels are glitchy at best or outright not working today. So I get to hang out here at the house for the day and hope that the cable guy will show up before I have to go and pick up my parents from the airport.

I thought the cable had done some kind of self-repair but by about 9 or so this morning it was back to barely being watchable.

Woe is me. Whatever shall I do with only 100 channels to watch?! At least I got a day off work without having to call in sick or anything :)

1 comment:

Matt said...

100 channels of standard def? Might as well be zero.