Sunday, September 15, 2002

Man, Mafia is SUCH a good game. I have been totally sucked into it. It's not as brain-liquifyingly hard as some reviews might make it out to be, and I actually enjoy the driving parts as they help to further immerse you into the game world since you don't just miraculously appear wherever the mission is.

It's like Grand Theft Auto 3 but with a VERY strong storyline (it keeps getting better and better) and AMAZING missions. For example. I just did a mission where I first had to go to this hotel/brothel and a) kill the manager (which isn't simple given the fact he's sitting in a restaurant surrounded by goons) then b) kill a prostitute who'd been squealing to the cops about my operation and then c) steal some documents and blow up the office of the manager (whom I'd just killed in the hotel restaurant moments earlier)...

And that's just the first part of the mission. I then had to flee across the rooftops from the cops and then finally wrap everything up in a huge shootout in a church in the midst of a funeral (for a guy I'd killed in an earlier mission, at that!)

That's just ONE mission... there are about 20 of them I've heard, along with the freeride and freeride extreme where you just drive around and goof off in the city.

No comments: