Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It Served Five Tours Of Duty In Kosovo Before Ending Up In My Kitchen

So I called the plumber today to see if/when he'd come by to put a new faucet in so we could finally use our shiny new dishwasher. Unfortunately, he wasn't around so I had to leave a message. I decided that the dishwasher had been sitting in our kitchen, still in the cardboard and plastic wrapping that it was delivered in, so I might as well unpack it and figure out where to put it.

Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear but... well, you take a look and see if you can spot the problem:



That was the first thing I saw. I couldn't believe it. So I went to move it and noticed that there was a bit of a wobble to the dishwasher. So I take another look and lo and behold, THIS:



And in realizing that there are now TWO major issues with my 'new' dishwasher, I see THIS while checking out the (ex)wheel:



Now, while the dishwasher was a floor model, it definately didn't look like that in the store when we bought it. Suffice it to say, I was a little livid, which, when coupled with my still not 100% wellness rate, didn't make for a fun call to Zellers to yell at people.

Actually, the lady there was pretty pleasant and understanding of our plight, but she has to wait until she talks to the lady at the store who sold it to us. Sigh. At least I didn't wait until the plumber showed up to unwrap it.

I'm sure the actual dishwasher mechanism works fine. It's just the metal sides (and the missing/broken caster) that need repairs. Unfortunately, it seems that it is beyond the means of the fine people at Zellers to actually repair the thing. Grr...

No comments: