Thursday, April 10, 2008

Halva Nice Day

The deli at one of the local grocery stores had samples of halva the other day and I had to pick a slab of the stuff up because it was so good.



Halva is one of my guilty pleasures that I have every so often as a special treat. As delicious as it is, I can't eat too much of it or it goes from being a yummy treat to being just disgustingly sweet. It's definately a treat one should eat in tiny slivers.

This find got me thinking about another treat from my childhood that I can't seem to find anywhere. Does anyone know where on earth I can find a bag of pfeffernüsse (go umlaut!)?



There was a store that my mom used to buy them from when I was younger but I don't think I've seen them outside of that store in Sarnia. You'd think I could find these yummy cookies around the GTA but noooo...

No comments: