Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exorcise Your Pot Rights

I had a very odd day yesterday at work.

To start off, unbeknownst to me, one of the workers from another house got it into his head that I was evil incarnate and decided to have a prayer vigil for me so that my taint wouldn't spread throughout the house. I've never met the guy and don't even know what his name is, but I'm honoured that I somehow inspired such revulsion that he'd try to cleanse my filthy spirit from a distance. I think I was working on the May schedule at the time.

When I found out about this spiritual intervention later in the afternoon, I couldn't stop laughing. It didn't help when one of my co-workers told the guy that I used to play Dungeons & Dragons and videogames. I think they were just trying to rile him up at that point though :)

The other strange thing was that I got into a very impassioned arguement about the proper way to scrub pots and pans. It was a soak or no-soak, steel wool vs. elbow grease kind of debate that went nowhere fast and boggled my mind the entire time I was in the middle of it.

I swear that there are days when things are just so surreal that you can't help but laugh.

No comments: