Friday, April 23, 2004

Gareth Keenan is my hero (not)

I watched all of Season 2 of The Office today. I swear, it's like watching a train wreck.

The thing I like the most about The Office is that for most of the scenes, it's not the actual dialogue that is so funny. It's the stunned and horrified looks on the faces of everyone around the office that are the real stars. They're just fascinating to watch, if only because in all likelyhood YOU are making that same face while you're watching.

I was kind of depressed by the end though. A lot of things I thought were going to work out one way didn't. Sigh. Supposedly there are two Christmas specials that haven't been released on DVD yet. They tie up some loose ends... supposedly.

They're going to be doing an American version of The Office, to be released sometime soon. Unlike the disaster which was the US version of Coupling, they might actually be able to do The Office right. They'd likely just remove most of the ambient shots of the office where nobody is doing anything. Ricky Gervais is also being directly involved in the translation across the pond, so we'll see how it does.

No comments: