Thursday, April 01, 2004

April Fools!

So, today is April Fool's day. Did anyone play (or be the victim of) any elaborate tricks today? Since I'm up so late while Julie is sleeping, I was able to set up a pretty sneaky trick on her, but she probably won't find out about it till she gets to work and I'm safely far away :)

Oh, and here's something that has bothered me since I moved to the Sarnia area back when I was in grade 4.

When is the proper time to stop playing pranks on April 1st? When I was in Thunder Bay, we would play tricks all day long. The tricks didn't stop till the sun went down and you went to bed. When I moved down to Sarnia, come noon, the tricks stopped.

Is this some SW Ontario thing or is this the way it really is supposed to go and we just liked tricks too much up North? And if it does stop at noon, why? I figured it was just because the teachers didn't want to have to put up with an entire day of kids doing silly things. *shrug*

Another nice thing about April Fools day is seeing how much effort the various websites put into their pranks. Supernova is saying that they're going to only serve Japanese downloaders now, and I'm sure a lot of the game sites will have some amusing stories to tell (Half-Life 2 in stores!).

No comments: