Monday, April 12, 2004

Check Your Watch!

I was out this morning with Julie as we had our first visit with the OB/GYN. He's a nice guy but he said the words that Julie was dreading... "Woah. That's a bigger baby than usual at this stage." He does seem like someone who knows what he's doing though, so that's good.

Afterwards, we decided to visit McDonald's as we were both having Egg McMuffin cravings. We pulled into the drive-through at 10:24am, according to our clock. When I started to order, they then said that breakfast was over. I was puzzled and they went on to say that it's finished at 10:30 and that I'd have to order off the lunch menu. I said that it wasn't 10:30 yet so we should get an Egg McMuffin, thank you very much.

The lady then said that it was 10:34am and that they aren't serving breakfast anymore. Now, if I was in the store and just had my watch to go by, I'd figure that maybe my watch was slow. However, since I was in my car and listening to the CBC, I knew that my clock was right. Sheilagh Rogers was still yammering on with her guest and they hadn't yet done the 10:30 newscast, which is about as accurate as you can get.

I mean, it would have been one thing if I was a half hour late or even 10 minutes late, but for them to insist that it was actually 10 minutes later than it really was, thus denying me the Egg McMuffin and Hash Brows that I so craved... That was just criminal.

So I left in a huff. Hungry.

It reminded me of the scene in Falling Down where D-Fens ends up shooting up the burger joint when HE can't get breakfast. Sigh.

No comments: