Friday, November 28, 2003

Speaking of throwing up, I got Manhunt and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga today.

I tried out Manhunt briefly and man... it's like Rockstar got sick of pundits complaining that games like Grand Theft Auto were 'murder simulators' and decided to just put their money where their mouth(s?) is (are?) and MAKE a murder simulator. The instruction book is neat as it's laid out like a catalogue for a mail-order snuff films company. Very slick packaging, I must say.

That said, it's a pretty neat premise to the game and it seems like a pretty solid and fun game, albeit gory as hell. I mean, they make a simple plastic bag a weapon of mass distruction!

On the flip side of the coin, Mario & Luigi is insanely fun as only a Mario RPG can be. It's very funny, lighthearted as all get out and fun. And it's on the GBA and looks fantastic. I can't wait to work on it now that I have Tactics out of the way.

I'm glad the two orders didn't come in the same box as the person packaging them would have really scratched their head. Hardcore murder sim and a lighthearted kids game. Hmm...

Granted, Futureshop REALLY needs to invest in more than one size of box. I almost couldn't find my Mario & Luigi box due to the sheer volume of packing peanuts. Crazy stuff.

No comments: